Anime reccomendation thread

For posting about videos, TV shows, movies, comics, and other things that you enjoy
RobinVinter
Fox Pal
Name: Robin Vinter
Title: Pro(crastinator)
Pronouns:

She/They

Flags:

:flag_nonbinary: :flag_trans: :flag_asexual: :flag_pansexual:

Anime reccomendation thread

Post by RobinVinter »

Hmm, I don't see an anime thread on here, let's change that >:3 (if only because I've been slacking on actually watching stuff on account of vague gesturing towards the streaming landscape and I need accountability). My watchlist is too long covering just stuff that I vaguely remember from internet osmosis So Let's Add More!
BTW, I just finished this post and realized I got no trigger warnings or age ratings for these. Mostly because I feel like I'll forget to mention some heavy stuff and working on the presumption that if you are here you're either old enough for age ratings to not matter OR mature enough to go ask your legal guardian. Just FIY (while this post itself is vague enough to be safe) assume all the following recs lean towards the mature end (15+ minimum I'd guess) and feature death. If that's not your cup of tea that's exactly what the thread's for, add your own faves! Good lord I waffle finally let's get on topic
As for my recs it's probably gonna be blindingly obvious, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood gets top spot for making me cry years after watching it (weird flex for a battle shonen and I love it for it). Legit kicking myself for semi-binging it and not giving myself time to stew on the plot.
Also remember loving Death Note, yes it's memey out of context but the mindgames (in context) are sublime.
I need to rewatch Cowboy Bebop and Devilman Crybaby, the former I remember being a good time but ADHD was determined to make my watching experience of that as disjointed as possible and the latter was one of the first things I watched on netflix and thus my mind has blanked out on a lot of it. I remember it being relatively short and sweet tho.

Would you like a coffee? :neofox_snug:
ImageImageImageImageImage

kkzero
1000th Post
Title: Curious little bunny
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_asexual:

Re: Anime reccomendation thread

Post by kkzero »

I never particularly got into anime until I started frequenting Retrocrush's live channel earlier this year. One thing I caught there that stood out to me and I ended up watching the whole thing through was Hakugei: Legend of the Moby Dick, a 90s sci-fi space adaptation of the Moby Dick story. Kind of a strange one, with loads of goofy moments with the protagonists all throughout, overuse of high-detail pastel stills, etc. but it's a fun space adventure and I quite enjoy it.

One that I caught the start of but have yet to see all the way is Kaiba, a 2008 one whose aesthetic resembles that of a Dreamcast game.

Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Re: Anime reccomendation thread

Post by Jess »

🦊we were on a quest to finally watch all the animes people recommended but we only got around to watching neon evangelical genesis and cowboy bebop. we greatly enjoyed one of them

🐭we haven't seen a lot of anime but we quite like kill la kill hehe

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImageImage