games with secrets?

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
scout
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

games with secrets?

Post by scout »

anyone like games with lots of deep/esoteric secrets (or things that are presented like secrets)? i'm thinking like: (list of games with lots of secrets in them, maybe you could consider it a spoiler to know that there are secrets in these games?)

Spoiler

tower of druaga, tunic, the witness, void stranger, silvey's key, fez, outer wilds, that stuff in undertale... frog fractions?...

any other stuff people like like that?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help them gain World Domination
Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Re: games with secrets?

Post by Jess »

it's so funny, when I was working on the Shield Cat demo I was like, hmm am I hiding my secret areas too well?

and then I played Tunic and realized I wasn't hiding them well enough. Now there's like 2-3 areas that, when people go "I can't find this area" I know where it is. There's one that particularly vexes people, even though I made it a bit easier to see in the updated demo from January lmao

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Name: Nin
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by NinTheFolf »

Heck yeah, I love that sorta thing. Makes me remember I need to go back and give La-Mulana 2 another shot as not once, but twice I encountered run ending bugs when it first came out e.e;

Though I'm told the second didn't really stop me, but I very got hung up on it. I'm unfortunately very good at running into bugs ~.~

Image Signature perpetually under construction.

Efi
Fox Pal
Name: Efi
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian: :flag_nonbinary: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Post by Efi »

Noita

ImageImageImageImage

FaultBat
Mods
Name: FaultBat
Title: Bat
Pronouns:

Any. Mix it up!

Flags:

-rf

Post by FaultBat »

One of my favorite games of all time is Iji - it doesn't have a lot of secrets, but it has a few that are really hard to find and pretty wild.

🦇
Kirbizard
Mods
Pronouns:

They/Them

Post by Kirbizard »

I know I really enjoyed seeing the things My Friendly Neighborhood hides outside of bounds. Things you would never see in a normal playthrough, but going back through the game with the noclip option reveals all kinds of things across almost every single map in the game. It gets really silly with some of them, they clearly had a lot of fun and were fans of Boundary Break.

NovaSquirrel
Name: Nova
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_asexual:

Post by NovaSquirrel »

LEGO Loco was one of my childhood games and I remember the gameplay revolving around trying all sorts of things and seeing what kind of secret interactions pop up between the stuff you built. Though none of those are particularly hard to stumble onto.

Image Image Image

selenotropic
Fox Pal

Post by selenotropic »

extremely love this kind of thing. Void Stranger was such a good One of These. highly recommend checking out PAGAN Autogeny and Fatum Betula.

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Name: Nin
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by NinTheFolf »

selenotropic wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:57 pm

extremely love this kind of thing. Void Stranger was such a good One of These. highly recommend checking out PAGAN Autogeny and Fatum Betula.

I reaaaallyy want to pick up void stranger. It seems incredibly up my alley. I've seen a little bit on streams but I have no doubt I'll forget soon enough.

Image Signature perpetually under construction.

scout
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Post by scout »

selenotropic wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:57 pm

PAGAN Autogeny and Fatum Betula

these look cool but kinda scary... i'll think about 'em! i still have a little bit of void stranger to finish up i think but it was about at my limit in terms of scariness (so far at least). definitely recommend it though

i played some noita but didn't get too far into the secret stuff. maybe i'll look it up

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help them gain World Domination