Thunder Edge

Post about your games or other projects here!
DrgnBeauty
Fox Pal
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

she/her, it/its

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian:

Thunder Edge

Post by DrgnBeauty »

my main project is an action platformer called Thunder Edge, which is inspired by quite a few of my favorite games (megaman x, ninja gaiden, and shatterhand to be specific!). it's still in pretty early development so i don't have much to show (and what i do have is very obviously a wip lmao), but i'm still happy with the progress it's been making!

you play as the superheroine the game is named after, who uses her twin blades and electric superpowers to stop a supervillain group from taking over the world. the main mechanic is a static meter that builds up simply by moving around, or by attacking enemies (including their bullets!) with your blades. the static electricity is used for all your special moves; you can either use a little bit, or let it all out at once!

i did take a bit of a development hiatus for a bit due to a lack of time over the summer, but i've been back to working hard on it again and hope to have more to show soon!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

(for some reason the gif doesnt play, click it to play it)

(yes i know, non-furry game on the furry gamedev forum, heresy, i know /j)

Last edited by DrgnBeauty on Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sharb
Fox Pal
Name: Sharb
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her, They/Them

Flags:

:flag_pansexual: :flag_trans:

Re: Thunder Edge

Post by Sharb »

this looks sick as hell!
Love the fence clinging mechanic, that's one of those mechanics I don't know how to explain but has a really good action feedback on it!

Efi
Fox Pal
Name: Efi
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian: :flag_nonbinary: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Post by Efi »

this games looks cool and sounds even better
with more polish it's gonna be great! I'm certain my gf would love it, she's a fan of megamans

ImageImageImageImage

Kirbizard
Mods
Pronouns:

They/Them

Post by Kirbizard »

Love that part of the gameplay video where you slide behind the enemy like "nothing personal, kid"

Looks like it'll be great fun :>