bitty gets boxed

Post about your games or other projects here!
scout
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

bitty gets boxed

Post by scout »

hewoo! did you know i'm making a game? it's for GBA! it's called "bitty gets boxed" and it's gonna be a small prequel to a bigger game i think. or maybe a series of small games? i'm using forth and part of what i'm figuring out is how to use forth and what a good development process looks like, so i can make more forth games for the GBA. maybe i'll make a little devlog here? or if people are interested in playtesting i could share some secret builds? i dunno!

screenshot of a bunny sprite in a small screen-sized platformer level made of blocks: a winding path, with lots of spikes and arrows to be platformed through, and a carrot in a corner that looks hard to reach
screenshot of a bunny sprite in a small screen-sized platformer level made of blocks: a winding path, with lots of spikes and arrows to be platformed through, and a carrot in a corner that looks hard to reach

bitty is the bunny who was cursed by a witch to have an axis-aligned bounding box that can't touch spikes. not that she really likes touching spikes in the first place, but she decides to climb an ancient tower to get uncursed. but the tower holds a lot of secrets and she might end up deeper than she thought... is what i'm thinking, at least! the secrets probably won't really come into play until the second game.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help them gain World Domination
Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Re: bitty gets boxed

Post by Jess »

in this house, we like bnuuy

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImage

Kirbizard
Mods
Pronouns:

They/Them

Post by Kirbizard »

Don't you just hate it when you get cursed by a witch to have new game mechanics. I've been cursed multiple times now. I can only verbally respond with yes/no answers and immediately die when I touch water deeper than three feet.

This looks cool tho, always love to see people making new game boy games, those systems have always been super nostalgic for me and I love to see them still being given life. :)

Efi
Fox Pal
Name: Efi
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian: :flag_nonbinary: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Post by Efi »

gosh, this is cute!
I agree: bnuuy :rabbit2:

ImageImageImageImage