Artistic Expressions, courtesy of kkzero

For sharing your art, music, or other such things you're working on. One topic per person, please!
MetalPetal
Fox Pal
Title: Making a game

Re: Artistic Expressions, courtesy of kkzero

Post by MetalPetal »

that goes hard as fuck

Working on a game, Project Arnica

ImageImageImage

kkzero
Fox Pal
Title: Curious little bunny
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_asexual:

A brave little bunny travels the snow

Post by kkzero »

bunnytraveler.png

Quick test of Krita, it has cool brushes.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Quick lil bunny for aro week

Post by kkzero »

arobunny.png

Happy Aro Week.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Long DefleMask tunes from 2017

Post by kkzero »

Got inspired by the Furnace discussion on the Discord to dig up some of my old Deflemask stuff, mainly the two really long things I did that I poured most if not all my heart and soul at the time into. Initially made for celebrating personal occasions of mine, I ended up recycling several segments of them in later unfinished/unreleased tunes of mine later on.

kkzero5theme.mp3
(6.82 MiB) Downloaded 319 times

Finished February 21st, 2017. C64.

audiallegendofkk.mp3
(7.05 MiB) Downloaded 321 times

Finished June 30th, 2017. Sega Genesis. I remember being really proud of how this one turned out in the end, moreso than the other one.

I used to already have these hosted online, but I ended up removing them in the midst of personal struggles, and this might just be my first time uploading them in streamable form since then.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Easter/TDoV bunnies

Post by kkzero »

transeasterbunnies.png

Two occasions on just one day.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

New bunny girl thing

Post by kkzero »

Quick bunny I did last night

girlbunfullcolor2.png
kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Misc. sketches from the past month

Post by kkzero »

And now, a dump of things I did under the radar this past month.

alienz.png

A space scene with some stock aliens and an astronaut.

aliendancers.png

A group of lil alien guys at a dance party. Mainly made to test shading, and visually inspired by the characters of the Chee-Chai Alien games.

girlbunfullcolor.png

A full-color bunnygirl like the one last post.

lilbot.png

A shameless corruption of the Clayman from Mother 3 into a scrunkly lil robot.

new bunnywitch.png

Shaded bunnywitch!

gremlin.png

A floaty guy in a grave-like area, inspired by the Graverobber from Yu-Gi-Oh.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

The Highway to Wherever

Post by kkzero »

And now for another piece of creative writing. This is The Highway to Wherever, a story I wrote for a class a couple years back, with the theme being that the story conveyed a metaphor. I came up with the premise based on a scenario I'd recently had in my head whilst trying to fall asleep, that being of me riding a schoolbus on the highway at night with just me and the driver onboard. My classmates seemed to enjoy the story and find it fascinating, with some criticism directed at the ending coming off as flat. I've contemplated posting it here and there for the past while, and seeing as my personal life is a quite almost-literal Highway to Wherever right now, I guess I'll do just that. Enjoy.

The evening was brisk as the bus continued along the Highway to Wherever. Aria had lost track of the amount of time she’d been riding. It was just her and Pat, the driver. The two had barely talked up to that point, with that void being filled by the sound of the music playing through the speakers, as well as the air rushing through the windows.

Suddenly, Aria asked Pat, “For how much longer is the road gonna look like this?”

“Whaddaya mean?” Pat replied, “Plenty of details come and go. What the trees look like, how the roads sprawl, the scenery in the distance, you name it.”

“I dunno, that’s just not enough. Everything out there just started looking exactly the same some time ago.”

Pat let out a hearty chuckle. “Youngins like you gotta slow it down a notch sometimes. You can’t just start dismissing the little things all because you’ve grown out of everything you’ve been seeing from the start.”

Aria found the old driver’s usage of the term “youngins” mildly condescending. “Easy enough for the driver to say,” she said regarding his short spiel. Pat let out another short chuckle after that, and then the two stopped conversing. Aria continued to gaze out her window, still unimpressed by the sights that her driver had seemingly relished.

As she continued her blank gaze, the evening gradually transitioned to night. The blazing orange sunset was doused away by a deep, dark blue, with street lights acting as beacons in the darkness. As soon as it hit Aria that nighttime had fallen, she realized something.

Why was she riding on this bus so late by herself?

“Uh…” she nervously said, “Pat?”

“Yes? Don’t be bashful, I’m here for ya.”

“Where…are we going?”

“Say what?” Pat replied, “Girl, you asked me in the wee hours of the morning for a ride on the Highway to Wherever. Gonna be a long ride unless you’ve got a destination.”

“Huh? Oh. I…” Aria started, “I thought I gave you one. I guess not. Sorry.”

“Well where do ya wanna go? I can’t drive forever.”

Aria started tearing up. “I…I just wanna be free.”

Pat was about to say something in response, but instead quickly pulled over to the side of the road. After that, he said, “Well, if you wanna feel free, you can’t just keep clinging to the ride, y’know? Freeing yourself starts with you finding your way out of whatever it is holding you back. This old hunk of cheese can’t help you with that.”

“But I don’t know my way out,” Aria replied, “I’ve got nowhere to take solace from what I’m running from.”

“It’s called the Highway to Wherever, yet you still think you’ve got nowhere to take solace?”

Aria let out a very audible sob. “What do I know anymore?”

Pat paused for a moment, and then said, “Tell you what, I’ll keep on driving, and be on the lookout for whatever might strike you as ‘somewhere’. How’s that sound?”

“I’m not too enlightened by that,” Aria replied, “but I guess I have no choice. Maybe nowhere can be somewhere.”

The ride continued after that. The only difference now was that the two had communicated a plan.