Doom Thread

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Doom Thread

Post by Jess »

🦨so we've been playing Doom 1 and 2 and like, Doom 1 was cool as shit at first! But then as you progress, it just gets worse and worse. Doom 2 is all over the place lmfao, and apparently this is just the common opinion?

Anyways, when it was just Roxy she never really played doom but Mika and I really like it. Gonna try out Doom 3 and 64, and eventually Doom 2016 if it ever downloads lmfao

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImage

kkzero
Fox Pal
Title: Curious little bunny
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_asexual:

Re: Doom Thread

Post by kkzero »

I first got into Doom in my 90s-era-PC phase as a young teen, finding the shareware and popping it into DOSBox, playing through without sound or mouse control because I didn't know you had to manually set that up (IIRC I thought "setup.exe" was just the game's installer again). Sometime after, I tried ZDoom, as well as the full versions of 1 and 2. They're definitely ones I ended up save scumming a lot on. And don't even get me started on TNT and Evilution.

On top of this, I tried some community wads, mainly meme stuff like Extreme Weapon Pack and Text to Doom, but also some level/conversion stuff, not too much though. I've also done online multiplayer on Zandronum.

The 2016 reboot was a game I quite enjoyed when I built a gaming rig in high school. Tried the first bit of Eternal, then got sidetracked by other things at the time and didn't come back to it. I was more interested in the remaster of 64.

More recently, a friend of mine released a level pack called I Can't Give You Any Thing. While very much designed for veteran players, she personally encouraged me to use the IDDQD code to bore right through if needed when I told her I didn't get far, so there's that. She also boosted someone else's video review of this pack a bit ago: