Exploring

For general topics that don't fit other categories.
SnepperStepper
Fox Pal
Name: Miranda
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_pansexual: :flag_lesbian: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Star Exploring

Post by SnepperStepper »

I live in a somewhat rural area which has a surprising amount of trails and bikepaths. I've found some gorgeous lakes, some great places to relax, and in general some really fun places to go. One of my favorite things is going off the main path via a path that's been taken enough to be trodden, but not enough that its obvious without looking for the tell-tale signs. One time I found my way to the top of a ridge that looked down upon the main path, another got me a breathtaking overlook of a lake. I've also come across my fair share of railroads and old bridges. I'm always looking for more trails and more deviations of the trails I've found so far.
:flag_trans:
What kinds of places have you found? Got any pictures?

~ I'm what you want, not what you need ~

And staring at the gray
It was completely still
Except the pounding of my heart
Bringing me back to life
From three strange days

Image Image Image Image Image

Efi
Fox Pal
Name: Efi
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian: :flag_nonbinary: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Re: Exploring

Post by Efi »

I haven't explored in years, but I have visited more than half of the coast of this one particular glacial lake and a decent part of the surrounding forests.

ImageImageImageImage

NovaSquirrel
Name: Nova
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_asexual:

Post by NovaSquirrel »

I live pretty close to downtown in a city, so my exploration is a bit different than it would be in a rural place, but I have fun with it and there's enough variety that it doesn't get boring to just walk or bike in random directions (or even just go on streets I don't normally take) and see what I find. Fort Wayne has tons of trails and parks, and there's some nature preserves which let me have a completely different vibe around me when I want to go for those.

Here's an especially good view I managed to find along one of the trails, that almost makes me forget I'm in the middle of a city when I look at it from this angle:

scenic fort wayne.jpg

Image Image Image

SnepperStepper
Fox Pal
Name: Miranda
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_pansexual: :flag_lesbian: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Post by SnepperStepper »

NovaSquirrel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:37 pm

I live pretty close to downtown in a city, so my exploration is a bit different than it would be in a rural place, but I have fun with it and there's enough variety that it doesn't get boring to just walk or bike in random directions (or even just go on streets I don't normally take) and see what I find. Fort Wayne has tons of trails and parks, and there's some nature preserves which let me have a completely different vibe around me when I want to go for those

Cities are fun too! There's a couple around that haven't been subject to the metaverse look of desaturating all the color and adding screens to everything and i love exploring in those. Great place for fursuit photos if you ask me!

~ I'm what you want, not what you need ~

And staring at the gray
It was completely still
Except the pounding of my heart
Bringing me back to life
From three strange days

Image Image Image Image Image