There's going to be another Tamagotchi Connection

For posting about videos, TV shows, movies, comics, and other things that you enjoy
NovaSquirrel
Name: Nova
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_asexual:

There's going to be another Tamagotchi Connection

Post by NovaSquirrel »

People have been bugging Bandai to rerelease the Tamagotchi Connection series for ages, and it's been going on for long enough that people have treated it like something that'll probably never happen. But! They're finally doing it as some sort of 20th anniversary celebration!

There's been a whole bunch of different Tamagotchi Connection versions (and Tamagotchi Plus versions in Japan, which the Connection series is a localization of? But it's a lot messier than that because they just localized the first one and kept backporting new features until finally re-localizing the Japanese one for version 5, so Connection versions 2, 3, 4, and 4.5 are very different from any Japanese releases) and it wasn't clear exactly what they were going to be doing at first. But now we know this rerelease is the Tamagotchi Connection v3 combined with some elements from Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus.

I guess this makes sense because v3 is at a sweet spot where you have a lot of fun new stuff but the gameplay is fundamentally the same as the initial toy. Connection v4 and Chou Jinsei Enjoi Tamagotchi Plus remove some aspects that were previously there (like turning out the light at night) and add mail, school/jobs, and de-emphasizes the quality of care the pets get in favor of raising stats. I personally prefer all of that, but I get why Bandai wouldn't go for it, at least yet.

Did anyone else have Tamagotchi Connection as a kid? What do other people think about this relaunch? I'm really excited even though I have a few v3s already.

Image Image Image

Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Re: There's going to be another Tamagotchi Connection

Post by Jess »

🐭I think we had one but like, it was like a knockoff one not an official one? and also we weren't good at it hahaha

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImage

NovaSquirrel
Name: Nova
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_asexual:

Re: There's going to be another Tamagotchi Connection

Post by NovaSquirrel »

Jess wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:10 am

🐭I think we had one but like, it was like a knockoff one not an official one? and also we weren't good at it hahaha

There were a whole bunch of companies releasing virtual pet stuff in the 90s and early 2000s, like Giga Pets. I dunno if I would call that a knockoff as much as other companies trying it out, though I wouldn't say the same for the toys nowadays that just blatantly lie about being Tamagotchis like this, which actually run software known by the community as "BunnyROM" which is not very good.

And yeah I didn't take very good care of mine either when I was a kid.

Image Image Image