camcorders

For talking about computers, the internet, and other tech-related things.
darkwitchclaire
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/her, it/its

Flags:

:flag_lesbian: :flag_trans:

camcorders

Post by darkwitchclaire »

i've been interested in standard definition camcorders lately, especially early digital ones. after years of only having my family's low end video8 handycam from the late 90s i bought a dcr-vx2100 from a thrift store auction in rather good condition, came with the charger and a tape with footage already on it. i'm excited to use it to transfer analog video over firewire and film various trips and events. if only i had the space to make videos on all the random old tech i have, then i could start a youtube channel.

anyone else interested in old camcorders? any particular format or brand you like?

produced by or under license from cat witches co, ltd
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

kkzero
1000th Post
Title: Curious little bunny
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_asexual:

Re: camcorders

Post by kkzero »

I got exposed to the Flip Video camera numerous times back in middle school. The whole gist of it was that once you've shot your video, you just flip out the lil USB connector and get your files off.

If we wanna go back even further, there was my dad's thingy that he used to take family videos with, recording them to one of those mini videotape formats.

Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Re: camcorders

Post by Jess »

🪐I remember we had a camcorder which took large VHS tapes. No idea whatever happened to it, but yea, nowadays people seem to be getting into that retro tech again. We'll stick to just watching guys on Youtube like Cathode Ray Tube talk about them, though

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImageImage