PS3 Games

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

PS3 Games

Post by Jess »

the PS3 was pretty cool, what were your favorite games?

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImage

Kirbizard
Mods
Pronouns:

They/Them

Re: PS3 Games

Post by Kirbizard »

PS3 had games??

NovaSquirrel
Name: Nova
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_asexual:

Post by NovaSquirrel »

Probably Dragon Quest Builders considering it's the only game I've really enjoyed that I know came out on PS3 (though I played it on Switch)

Image Image Image

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Name: Nin
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by NinTheFolf »

The Dragon Quest Builders games are both a lot of fun. I need to get back to playing the second one, I streamed it in part and then got distracted.

I think my favorite PS3 game was that multiplayer castlevania thing they had, Harmony of Dispair. I played that with my friends a ton.

Image Signature perpetually under construction.

Caliburn
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Flags:

:flag_asexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Post by Caliburn »

Lost Dimension was kinda cool from what I played of it. Maybe I should get back to it...
Also have a collection of Disgaeas 3, 4, and D2 on one disc. That series is almost a guilty pleasure.

"Oh, of course! It's my old pal, Ryo! how the hell have you been keeping, then?"

Foxxhoria
Mods
Pronouns:

it/its

Post by Foxxhoria »

The three (and a half) mainline Ratchet & Clank games are cool, especially A Crack in Time.

Other cool games are WipEout HD (+ Fury), Mirror's Edge (which was admittedly on everything else) and a little platformer called The Puppeteer! And you can't forget Journey!

There are a bunch of digital-only games which are neat as well like Tokyo Jungle, Rain, Sound Shapes and The Unfinished Swan.

Skirmisher
Fox Pal
Name: Will
Title: Unreg'd Hypergay 3
Pronouns:

she/her

Post by Skirmisher »

The PS3 was like the second home console I ever had, and we didn't even get it until the slim variant came out. Playing through A Crack in Time was good, and I had a nice time with LittleBigPlanet, though I didn't dig into it too much. I still spent most of my console playtime on the PS2 though, I'm having a hard time remembering what other substantial PS3 games I played around that time (all the ones we had are in a box somewhere around here...). My parents got one or two of the Rock Band games, and got USB adapters for the PS2 Guitar Hero controllers that they were used to because they hated the inset fret buttons on the Rock Band guitar lmao. But yeah around then I was mostly playing stuff on Steam on my laptop and what not.

I wish I had played any of the Wipeout games for PS3 :( I still could, though! A couple years ago, I happened to come into possession of a launch-model PS3 that had an SSD swap and hasn't YLOD'd; I partially re-pasted the thing (couldn't get the CPU heat spreader free, argh) and sunk a whole bunch of time into GT5 as well as the entire Jak & Daxter Collection. (I'd previously played the first and third Jak games on PS2, though idk if I ever beat the first one before. I finally got to play Jak II and see the origin of the bizarro T-rated-ass tonal whiplash they pulled that took me by surprise with 3! But good lord what a mess of a game; I'm glad Jak 3 was able to iterate on it and turn it into something that held up a fair bit better, even if the writing was still on-and-off cringe. Also this version of Jak II has a hard-lock bug at the end of an annoying collectathon mission that you can work around if you do something specific maybe? I was lucky I got past it lol)

Foxxhoria wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:36 pm

And you can't forget Journey!

Heh, when I got the PS3 I mentioned, I was like "heck yeah I can finally play Journey!" and then they released it on Steam lmaooo
...still haven't played it yet though >_>;;

darkwitchclaire
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/her, it/its

Post by darkwitchclaire »

anything that was originally on ps3 i've only played on other platforms, but in retrospect i should've gotten one instead of a 360 because it had a lot of good compilations and remasters as well.

produced by or under license from cat witches co, ltd
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Caliburn
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Flags:

:flag_asexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Post by Caliburn »

You know what's funny? I got a PS3 to play Persona 5. This was in 2013.
Then they announced it'd also be launching on the PS4.
Then, when I did get it for the PS3, I had controller issues and couldn't even finish the first palace
Then, by the time I got the third-party Dualshock 3 that I swear by now, Royal was out, but it was still PS4 exclusive so I was stuck with vanilla.
Then Royal finally went multiplatform, and it's also on the Xbox Game Pass, so I don't even need to drop $60 on it, I could just sub to that and play the game on PC whenever I want.
I don't regret getting a PS3 (again, Disgaea, Lost Dimension, etc.), but there's still something funny about the fact that I got a PS3 for a game I'd ultimately rather not be playing on the PS3.

"Oh, of course! It's my old pal, Ryo! how the hell have you been keeping, then?"

Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Post by Jess »

Caliburn wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:03 am

You know what's funny? I got a PS3 to play Persona 5. This was in 2013.

lmao I got a PS4 to play Kingdom Hearts 3, and when it finally came out, it was... ok. It doesn't run all that fantastically on the PS4 Slim unfortunately, and since it never came to PC, I can't play it on my gaming system 😔

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord