PS3 Games

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
Caliburn
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Flags:

:flag_asexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Re: PS3 Games

Post by Caliburn »

Two years in EGS hell and counting... It's heartbreaking, truly.

"Oh, of course! It's my old pal, Ryo! how the hell have you been keeping, then?"

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Name: Nin
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by NinTheFolf »

Roxy wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:07 am

lmao I got a PS4 to play Kingdom Hearts 3, and when it finally came out, it was... ok. It doesn't run all that fantastically on the PS4 Slim unfortunately, and since it never came to PC, I can't play it on my gaming system 😔

KH3 was why I bought a PS3 :)
I had played the heck out of 1 and 2 and was like, clearly 3 will come out on ps3 :)

Image Signature perpetually under construction.

Caliburn
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Flags:

:flag_asexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Post by Caliburn »

NinTheFolf wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:20 am

KH3 was why I bought a PS3 :)

I see we share a common scar.

"Oh, of course! It's my old pal, Ryo! how the hell have you been keeping, then?"

Scooblee
Fox Pal
Title: system of eight !
Pronouns:

she(all)/it(hazel)

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian:

Post by Scooblee »

our ps3 slim was a hand-me-down from our aunt (tho it was pretty new at the time,,) and came with handful of games we were maybe just a tad too young to play, that we should really check out nowdays (dmc4, gta4, prototype.,, we did try bayonetta and liked it alright),.,
,.,.but she also had both r&c future titles, and I recall completing at least one of them (I think tools of destruction),.,

tho over the years since, we put a loooot of time into gran turismo five, criterion's hot pursuit, portal 2,, it's, I think the first platform we got the taxman sonic cd port on,,,
and, gosh, orange box.., our life kinda is what it is partly because of the orange box,.,
,..or I guess, getting stuck on portal for pc, finding ps3 orange box, beating portal there, trying tf2 for the first time, and then looking it up online to find a game that.., has new weapons ? and maps ? and they're wearing different hats n stuff too ? guess I've gotta check that version out now..,.,

and heck, there's probably others we're forgetting for them being download titles, and as such, ones we can't reference just by looking over at our shelf,,, >u<

the seemingly random symbols denote proxies for our system members, check our profile for who's who !
us in other places: twitter , youtube , tumblr
ImageImageImageImage

FaultBat
Mods
Name: FaultBat
Title: Bat
Pronouns:

Any. Mix it up!

Flags:

-rf

Post by FaultBat »

So I went and bought a PS3 exclusively for LittleBigPlanet, and basically only that and LittleBigPlanet 2 got any use on it. (I'm very sad that those servers got shut down a while back, though I'd still recommend the built-in campaigns, even if that's not really the point of the game)

Then my house was robbed, and they took my PS3, so I went and bought a PS3 Slim with the insurance money, and it came with The Last of Us. Words can't express how much I didn't like that game.

And that's my PS3 story.

🦇
Titou
Fox Pal
Title: lazy lua modder
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by Titou »

Ah yes the PS3.

I brought this console for modnation racers because I like kart racers (witch impress me today on how 11(?) years old myself is more open minded than the anyone on twitter).

I didn't pay more attention to this console however, mostly after I got the PS4, and my list of games is pretty small, consisting mostly of mascot games (ratchet & clank/Littlebigplanet/Sonic...)
I even forgot the online was taken down for a moment.

Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Post by Jess »

The joke's on everyone here, because the PS3 has no games (this was the joke I was gonna make but then everyone got nostalgic)

I got my PS3 way after the generation was over. My nephew was gonna sell it to gamestop with a bunch of games for $50 and I was like, bro sell it to me instead. We don't really have a similar taste in games though, so I have a bunch of normie games. I do have Sonic 06 though, which I was asked at the store "you know about this game right?" and I was like "yes that's why I want it, I know all about its legacy" and they were like "this game was waiting for someone like you." I think I have Sly Cooper too, but I haven't got round to playing that one yet

I also played a bunch of Kingdom Hearts on there

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImage

TennaLotor
Fox Pal
Name: Tenna Lotor
Pronouns:

it, fae, she, they

Post by TennaLotor »

There's a couple of games I remember - although, since the PS3 didn't have any games, it's likely someone planted those memories in my head. Namely, Gran Turismo 5 and Midnight Club are the two I really have strong memories of. There's probably others, but they're just not coming to mind atm - evidently the process of planting those memories were faulty.

I also remember playing Vib Ribbon on it, too, but that's a PS1 game.

i'm tenna

RummySM
Fox Pal
Name: Rummy, Rum, RumRum
Title: The Funkmaister
Pronouns:

He/Him/They/Them

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_bisexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Post by RummySM »

I remember my cousins buying a PS3 back in late 2007. It was the Motorstorm bundle? We hurdled to each other all holiday break to play as much Motorstorm and the Warhawk demo as we could. And occasionally we'd play some PS2/1 games because that PS3 is a backwards compatible model.

I have a ton of games i played on that system, I only came to own my own PS3 nearly at the end (2010) and it was a hand me down from my cousins PS3, While they got a slim.

Some of my favorites of that system were the Uncharted Trilogy, Infamous 1/2, SSX 2012, LittleBigPlanet and Ratchet & Clack Future: A Crack In Time. I also remember the PSN Hack that took down the service for nearly two months, Leaving my cousins frustrated that they couldn't play Call of Duty MW2. This was a time when Sony's online services were free, it was nice not having to pay 60$ to play online, but that's how it is these days.

Sadly my first PS3 died right after i beat The Last of Us. I managed to get another one that's backwards compatible but i still have some fond memories of playing that PS3 until it died.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Viomeme
Fox Pal
Name: Violet
Pronouns:

She/They

Flags:

:flag_trans:

Post by Viomeme »

I didn't play a lot of PS3 games, but I did enjoy Rayman Origins and Legends, The Puppeteer, and thanks to it I was introduced to the Sly Cooper collection. Sadly Thieves in Time was not out when the collection came out.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage