Introductions Thread

For general topics that don't fit other categories.
NovaSquirrel
Name: Nova
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_asexual:

Re: Introductions Thread

Post by NovaSquirrel »

Hi, I'm Nova! I'm a hobbyist game dev and I especially like to make stuff for older game consoles (specifically the NES, SNES, Game Boy, and GBA) but I like to do stuff on PC too, Petal Crash Online. Primarily it seems like I work on games starring my fursonas and other characters, and I'm currently working on a sequel to my NES platformer game Nova the Squirrel for SNES, which is my favorite console. I guess I'm really passionate about the critters I make and it's really fulfilling to have them go on adventures in their own games.

Aside from making games I'm just generally really interested in retro consoles in general (especially the "16-bit" era), mascot aesthetics (including platformer mascots as well as stuff like MLP and Care Bears and JRPG/anime magical companion critters), worldbuilding, pixel art, and freeform story-driven roleplaying. I explore Second Life sometimes and I've enjoyed making little toys for it, like a Conway's Life simulator. I really enjoy that it's actually a big connected world unlike most other virtual worlds I've been to.

I really like the idea of having spaces online to hang out that aren't at the mercy of some big company that's likely controlled by shareholders, and I've tried doing a few of my own (like an IRC server, and Tilemap Town, my online social hangout) but they haven't taken off super well yet. Hopefully this forum can keep the momentum it's starting out with!

Image Image Image

Elfi
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/fae

Flags:

HW_SPRITE;

Post by Elfi »

Hi everyone, I'm Elfi! Not to be confused with Efi.

I'm a friendly fair folk game developer, currently working on Castle Titania, and a big fan of moths! I used to be big into the forum scene as well back in the day, and up until recently was a co-owner of the Clever Pun IRC network, though that has since been sunset.

I'm also still drinking my morning coffee (even though it's already 2 in the afternoon) so I'm not quite up to doing a big exposé of my own stuff.

I'm around elsewhere on @elfi@pixie.town and @lampfairy@gamedev.lgbt, as well as select Discord servers (subject to availability, terms and conditions may apply, void where prohibited)

Nice to meet you all c:

Not to be confused with Efi

Image Image Image Image Image

AntonNavir
Fox Pal
Name: Anton

Post by AntonNavir »

hi! im anton, web and wannabe game developer. as of now, im working as a teacher of computer science (the kids like me because im the youngest and also watch anime)

im not very active but ill try! i want to do something with my shyness (i mean, im not scared of people, if they are real =( )

selenotropic
Fox Pal

Post by selenotropic »

hey, saw this on Chost and I Miss Forums so here i am! I'm a poet, game designer, artist, and programmer. Got a website here with links to some of my stuff https://selenotropic.neocities.org/

defiantoptimist
Fox Pal
Name: Cameron
Pronouns:

They/them

Post by defiantoptimist »

Hello, everyone.

I saw Roxy's post on Cohost and I figured I should join up. It's been ages since I've been on a proper forum and I've been finding ways to change how I engage with people and stuff on the internet.

ImageImageImageImage

orchidrabbit
Fox Pal
Name: r_m_
Pronouns:

he/him

Post by orchidrabbit »

hi, i'm remy or rime, or whatever vowel configuration you can fit in the spaces in r_m_.

i'm a multimedia artist, illustrator, and plushie maker, ttrpg maker guy, but i do a lot of other things too. you can see what i'm doing on my cohost or my fake carrd page. i'm kind of trying to make a couple of weird websites at the moment, but i don't know if or when i'll be able to show them off lol

i've not been on a forum in like 15 years, and i don't really have nostalgia for it, but i do like interacting with people on the web in new and fun ways so i'm willing to give it a try!

ImageImage

Princess Flufflebutt
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

She/Her

Post by Princess Flufflebutt »

Hi, I'm Princess Flufflebutt. I saw someone had made a forum on cohost and I miss forums a little bit so I decided to join. I sometimes draw things.

Boozel
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by Boozel »

aughhhh it feels so nice to post to a true forum again! So much more nice for casual conversation that doesn't demand immediacy and attention. I've genuinely missed this format.

I'm Boozel; I keyboard jockey for money and do a lot of hobby model building and painting. Sometimes I dabble in game development, but not as much as I'd like. I did a lot of XNA 4.1 back in the day, but not a whole lot since lol.

Hope to catch everybody around!

The_Jazzyman
Fox Pal
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

he/him

Post by The_Jazzyman »

my gam

i make this gam

for past 3 years

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
u might know me from David Get Keen
Cathode Maker

Ikkir
Fox Pal

Post by Ikkir »

Hello there! Ikkir here, I do gamedev stuff (have a game I worked on out now called Farworld Pioneers, and currently working on a metroidvania-lite platformer called Demon Legend.).

Here to see what happens with a forum things :)