Fire Emblem

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
Caliburn
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Flags:

:flag_asexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Fire Emblem

Post by Caliburn »

FIRE EMBLEM! HEROES!

All-purpose Fire Emblem thread time because my hyperfixation can never truly be quenched. Whether you've only played Awakening or Three Houses, you're a veteran from the GBA days, you're one of those madmen who thinks Thracia's the best FE, or you're deep in the fangame/ROM hacking scene like me, let's talk about Fire Emblem!

Anyway, to start things off, uh... favorite legendary sword in FE? The Awakening Falchion design's iconic, but I think Durandal might've cemented itself as one of the iconic Big Chunky Swords(TM) in my head from my time using Brave Roy in my first Heroes team. Gurgurant's also cool, but I kinda wish there was a little bit more lore to it. Not really into the big important weapons when they don't have at least a line of description as to their origins. How about y'all?

"Oh, of course! It's my old pal, Ryo! how the hell have you been keeping, then?"

Kirbizard
Mods
Pronouns:

They/Them

Re: Fire Emblem

Post by Kirbizard »

Heroes is one of the only mobile games I played on and off for over a year, but after a certain point they started over complicating things and I saw a screenshot of a newer unit that was a literal wall of text, so I think I'm good. :')

Beside that, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is my favourite Fire Emblem game and I'm half upset they went back to the more standard mechanics for Three Houses. That game does so much that I think is incredibly fun to play, it's only brought down by being too faithful to the original game in it's map design. If they allowed a new game to use those mechanics but designed new maps around them, I think it would easily be considered an all time great.

Also, as an aside, one of the first pieces of art I commissioned from Roxy was vaguely themed off of Raigh's outfit from Binding Blade/Heroes lmao

Frozen Salad
Fox Pal

Post by Frozen Salad »

Many games in this series. Where should I start? I value gameplay more than story

Caliburn
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

they/them

Flags:

:flag_asexual: :flag_nonbinary:

Post by Caliburn »

If you value gameplay over story then you'll have a good time with Engage. The story feels like a caricature of FE plots, but the gameplay is some of the best in the series. Shadow Dragon on the DS is also a favorite of mine, but it's a lot simpler in how it plays, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Depends on what you're looking for.

"Oh, of course! It's my old pal, Ryo! how the hell have you been keeping, then?"