TTRPGS

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
darkwitchclaire
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/her, it/its

TTRPGS

Post by darkwitchclaire »

anyone involved in any right now? got any interesting characters or stories to share?

i've been in the mood to play one but as always scheduling is a concern, though i've been in a few one-shots that my gf is involved in

produced by or under license from cat witches co, ltd
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

orchidrabbit
Fox Pal
Name: r_m_
Pronouns:

he/him

Re: TTRPGS

Post by orchidrabbit »

i'm currently in a dnd game that's set in the warhammer age of sigmar universe, and i'm technically running two games, one is fantasy AGE but using the wild beyond the witchlight dnd module (because i like clowns and fae things lol) but then also in the scheduling limbo with a game that's of my own creation (it only exists in private playtest format lol) but using the storm king thunder dnd module to help run the story. i just kind of love dnd media but the system itself feels usually incongruent with the stories that i want to tell with said content lol. there's a wealth of creativity in those modules and i love looking at them and modules for other systems too to run games with.

my character in the age of sigmar game is a tiefling named felix and he's my special little boy who has been basically manufactured to be slowly transformed into a demonic herald for his entire life due to the influence of his surrogate father. in-game felix recently had to kill him because he threatened to murder all of his friends and boyfriend and the world would've basically immediately ended if he complied with what his surrogate father wanted. he's pretty broken up by it at the moment, but he's got other fish to fry (literal demon princes lol)

What kind of systems are you interested in playing if you have any in mind? Or do you have a particular kind of game style you like playing (combat focused/narrative focused/etc)?

Last edited by orchidrabbit on Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage

Boozel
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by Boozel »

Ah, yo! An AoS setting for D&D sound rad as! I wish I knew more of my AoS lore to make something like that work for my groups.

I'm currently doing some worldbuilding for a Starfinder game, and am eagerly awaiting its second edition. It sounds like they're just adapting the PF2E system for Starfinder, and I honestly really like the idea of that. PF2E's liberties with a d20 system really make it flow much better for my tables, but I prefer the Starfinder setting.

Also, if you like games you can pick up and put down a bit more easy than a full TTRPG, check out Mice and Mystics! Its storybook format is really nifty; it's my go-to faster format TTRPG. It's got a good few pieces, but is only about a 5 minute setup once you know what you do and don't need. The nice thing is that you don't need a full table; you can play simply play an extra character if needed. It's one of those sorts of "GM'd by game mechanics and a book" games, however, so it might not stick if that's not your bag.

ARKYmouse
Fox Pal
Name: Mouse
Pronouns:

They/Them (Any)

Flags:

:flag_nonbinary: :flag_demisexual: :flag_aromantic:

Post by ARKYmouse »

I'm right now in a couple of different 5e games, but I'm not terribly excited to be in either of them. One's ran by somebody who seems like they're kinda going off the deep end and turning it into a political intrigue with a lot of forced interactions and decisions. The other's become too "adult-oriented" for me to feel any investment in, I'll say, and leave it at that.

Outside of D&D though, I'm in two different PokéRole games. One's a really story-heavy PMD campaign set in an original world with a lot of characters. Feels like a genuine RPG, this one does. I've been in that one since... 2018, I wanna say? We're only like, 60% of the way through the projected story too. The other I'm in is a more recently started trainer focused campaign with inspiration from the Orre Region (Pokémon Colosseum). An underdeveloped region untouched by mankind, but it seems to be sought after by not only the League, but several other private interest groups. And some much stranger ones. All of the trainers have some kind of bizarre quirk, and the region's got a lot of its own originally designed variants and convergent monsters.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

owls
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he

Post by owls »

i've got paranoia on right now! we've been on 5e for the last few years and this is a change of pace.

Friend Computer had us helping a depressed cleaning robot complete their work. along the way, we discovered that SCRUB-BOT-002 was down because their brother was a big hero for defeating an infamous terrorist.

so, we found some dangerous drug dealing terrorists and dangerous drug purchasing terrorists, helped SCRUB-BOT-002 take them out, and got them a medal. it's a family business!

one of our party members accidentally got a vending machine AI core in their head and wanted stuff plugged into them. it got a little out of hand he ended up with a red laser blast directly to the colon. that was his last clone, so ... new character introduction tonight!

Nanashi
Fox Pal
Name: Nanashi
Pronouns:

He, him, his

Post by Nanashi »

DMing DnD 5e right now, got 4 players for the Wild Beyond the Witchlight campaign ^^
We’ve only played twice, but got to laugh a lot at the snail race. I went back to DMing because one of my players is a friend who’s very ill and she needs to change her mind.

My bf is playing a rabbitfolk bard whose sense of fashion has been stolen… So he always wears horrible clothes with terrible colours x)

Taeltales
Fox Pal
Title: Woofpurr Plural syst
Pronouns:

they/them

Post by Taeltales »

🐈‍⬛ Tael: Well honestly for TTRPG we currently got nada, but we do have a few we want to try out. Like the Root ttrpg is in mind after we really got to enjoy the board game. there's also a few small ones like Rod, reel fist, fighting delivery felines, and wanderhome. Also while it's not a rpg persay we do want to start up a game of DELVE when we can!