Warframe

For talking about video games, board games, and whatever other kind of games you enjoy.
Efi
Fox Pal
Name: Efi
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian: :flag_nonbinary: :flag_polyamory: :flag_demisexual:

Warframe

Post by Efi »

Y'all any of y'all like this trash MMO about shooting capitalists and militarists in the head with guns that are illegal according to the laws of physics?

ImageImageImageImage

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Name: Nin
Pronouns:

He/Him

Re: Warframe

Post by NinTheFolf »

I really need to get back into warframe. I'm told a lot of the issues I had with it were solved. The biggest one being you could grind for parts for years and not get one if you had bad luck like I do.

Image Signature perpetually under construction.

Kirbizard
Mods
Pronouns:

They/Them

Post by Kirbizard »

I got really into Warframe, spent hundreds of hours on PC, then transferred my save over to Switch when that version came out and spent another couple hundred hours.

But then the Switch couldn't keep up with newer updates and all the end game content was a continuous framerate nightmare. I couldn't transfer my progress back to PC, so I just drifted away.

I miss my space cat, Copper. :')

Efi
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

Post by Efi »

ok, so, bad news, the grindy part of getting "prime" stuff is still the same
good news, that's no longer that relevant, there are a lot of weapons that are acquired other ways that are comparable or better than the random chance ones; I'd even say the prime weapons are mostly just boring

more good news, there is now full crossplay between all platforms! I don't remember if cross save works yet, but if it's not, it will be soon

also, if you haven't played in a few years you're in for A LOT of good surprises
new story, new things to do, new places to be, melee that works, weapons that actually matter and variety where anything you choose can be used reasonably in high-end areas

and you want to bother with obtaining platinum by paying real money OR trading with players who did, you can get some really nice looking stuff too

I love the new story pieces and I will talk relentlessly about it if given the chance

ImageImageImageImage

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by NinTheFolf »

Yeah, I had someone tell me like, you get a piece of something every attempt and if you get 100 pieces without a drop you just get the thing now? Cause even if it's a lot, I'll happily take "grind this with a finite end for things" vs "grind this endlessly for a 1% chance and pray"

I think the last time I played was when they just added the planet that had skateboarding stuff, but before they added the ship stuff. Railjack I think it was? Cause iirc originally they were going to be released together and it didn't happen.

Efi
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

Post by Efi »

well, there are -some- weapons and frames that you can buy with the things you get from "failing" to get the part you want, yes, but not all of them
there's also some weapons and frames on weekly rotation in a game mode called "The Circuit" which gives you guaranteed stuff as long as you do enough of it during the week
there are still some frames that are luck, but weh, not that big a deal, there's more than 50 to choose from now

and Railjack was a while ago, there are two quests on that, then a ton more that got added after, including a 2h cinematic quest that asks you if you wanna commit to it before starting it because it locks you out of every other activity until you finish it, and it's so worth it

ImageImageImageImage

NinTheFolf
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

He/Him

Post by NinTheFolf »

Huh, neat. Yeah I figured there'd be a lot more story stuff and I do look forward to playing it for that at least more when I get the mental energy to pick it up again!

ARKYmouse
Fox Pal
Name: Mouse
Pronouns:

They/Them (Any)

Flags:

:flag_nonbinary: :flag_demisexual: :flag_aromantic:

Post by ARKYmouse »

Maybe one day I'll get back into it when I got a wild hair up my ass and feel adventurous. I got burned out because of content oversaturation with the game, which... to my knowledge, has only gotten more dense in the years I've spent away from the game. It's a shame too cause I put a lot of love and care into my Volt Prime, but now I just can't get into the game itself.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Efi
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

she/her

Flags:

Post by Efi »

made a new friend

quite literally, made it