Artistic Expressions, courtesy of kkzero

For sharing your art, music, or other such things you're working on. One topic per person, please!
kkzero
Fox Pal
Title: Curious little bunny
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_asexual:

Artistic Expressions, courtesy of kkzero

Post by kkzero »

Visual Art

I like to draw original character designs, my program of choice for full-color images being FireAlpaca. Here's some recent draws.

bunnywitch attempt.png
stiefan.png

Music

Sometimes I do music, less often I ever upload it. If you're interested though, someone put butchered DefleMask exports of stuff I made 6 years ago into the High Voltage SID Collection, for some reason (just search my alias).

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Re: Artistic Expressions, courtesy of kkzero

Post by kkzero »

Quick n' dirty doodle I did for my RHDN community profile.

gbcbunny.png
gbcbunny.png (24.88 KiB) Viewed 36664 times
kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Post by kkzero »

Now I'm gonna show off some of my music stuff. Below are three things I made using Domino back in June, rendered through the Arachno Soundfont.

battle.ogg
(755.81 KiB) Downloaded 997 times

Your average RPG-esque battle theme. Remixed from an even older thing from a few years before.

darkforest.ogg
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 1022 times

What the filename would imply, a dark yet soothing little harp tune. Also inspired by earlier works, not as directly though.

rush.ogg
(585.1 KiB) Downloaded 1041 times

A peppy little thing remixed from one of my DefleMask things, with additional inspiration from the Kirby 64 invincibility music.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Ace Week Bunny

Post by kkzero »

Drew a bunny all dressed up to show her colors for ace week.

acebunny2.png
kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

A Lineage of Scrunko Bunnies

Post by kkzero »

Now for a bit of a history lesson. Back in 2021/2022, my main group of OCs that I sketched included a small bunny I dubbed "Skippy the Rabbit". He was intended to act as the pet of Rea, the witch shown in all three below, with a cutesy demeanor with a touch of that "wisecracking sidekick" vibe. As I was on my romhacking-induced Gameboy brainrot when I created him, the main inspiration for the design was Yakopoo from Sunsoft's Trip World.

reagangjuly2021.png
reagangoctober2021.PNG
reagangmarch2022.PNG

Look familiar? That's because I pretty much reworked his design into the small bunnies I've started drawing this past year (which, by the way, I've dubbed as the "chicchagi", Japanese "chicchai" (slang tiny/small) + Japanese "usagi" (rabbit)).

bunnies.png
bunnypfp.png
introbunny.png
Jess
Site Owner
Name: Jess
Title: Game Developer
Pronouns:

She/Her

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_demisexual: :flag_pansexual:

Post by Jess »

That is a cute name, and I really like these small bunnies hehe

We are Roxy, Mika, Ashe, and Willow. We own the place. Website Discord
ImageImageImageImageImage

yiffgirl
Fox Pal
Name: susan
Pronouns:

she / they

Flags:

:flag_trans: :flag_lesbian: :flag_polyamory: :flag_asexual:

Post by yiffgirl »

these are all really cute
we like your music a lot, it's good!

gaming

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Fun with sound recording

Post by kkzero »

And now for yet another medium--sound design! I rented out a Zoom H1n for a class I'm taking, and have been using it in preparation for the big project. So here's some cool stuff I recorded/edited.

biglilbuzz.ogg
(66.6 KiB) Downloaded 964 times

A noise-reduced and normalized close-up of a little buzzy bug buzzing.

phasebreath.ogg
(57.82 KiB) Downloaded 1003 times

A noise-reduced, normalized, and phaser'd recording of me exhaling. Kinda spooky.

sharpener.ogg
(195.52 KiB) Downloaded 978 times

A recording of me sharpening a pencil in my noisy pencil sharpener.

echoeysplashing.ogg
(136.36 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times

A reverb'd snippet of me splashing a bit in a faucet.

glassbottlecollides.ogg
(65.13 KiB) Downloaded 941 times

Some glass noises being made by me taking a glass bottle out of a box.

crtonoff.ogg
(363.23 KiB) Downloaded 976 times

Me turning on my Toshiba MV14FM4, letting it sit for a bit, then turning it off.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

Vector Bunny

Post by kkzero »

Giving vector art a try! I've often struggled to understand Inkscape, but with some Bezier curves on that bunny drawing I did a bit ago, I was able to produce something I'm rather proud of.

bunnytrace.png
bunnytrace.png (20.62 KiB) Viewed 35728 times
kkzero
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

My Goofy Story About RHDN

Post by kkzero »

I guess this is a better time than ever to share yet another medium--creative writing. The reason being that last night, in response to romhackingdotnet disabling downloads in response to their bandwidth being eaten up by scrapers, I wrote a silly story and replied to the site announcement thread with it. While it seems to have gotten buried by actual discourse there, it's done some decent numbers on cohost. Enjoy.

It was a dark and desolate time for the citizens of ROM Hacking Dot Net. For more than 24 hours now, the ability to acquire downloads from the site was disabled, thrown away, discarded, indiscriminately taken from everyone. Those who wished to download were famished and desperate, and those who wished to upload felt frustrated and betrayed. It was a necessary decision, given how bandwidth does not simply grow on trees, yet nonetheless one that caused much an impact on the citizens.
It especially impacted Little Timmy, who had just submitted his hack to the queue. The contents of this submission was for a hack entry titled "Kirby's Dream Land 1 100% Objectively Good Colorization", and the ips patch he submitted was a one-byte change to the header that would make the ROM boot in GBC mode. The patch version was 0.0.1prealpha, and the description of the submission made a call for a team to finish the hack. One that consisted of an asm hacker, tool programmer, colorizer, graphics editor, musician, translator, voice actors, and HR department, all directed by Little Timmy himself, who offered to be The Idea Guy. Needless to say, he was absolutely let down by the sudden inability for people to download hacks, making his self-proclaimed perfect opportunity to heed the call for his ambitious hack idea totally ruined. Never would his idea get the light he so thought it deserved.