Your favorite music genres and albums

For posting about videos, TV shows, movies, comics, and other things that you enjoy
FaultBat
Mods
Name: FaultBat
Title: Bat
Pronouns:

Any. Mix it up!

Flags:

-rf

Re: Your favorite music genres and albums

Post by FaultBat »

I haven't seen anyone bring up Funeral Doom

Or Extratone

Or Math Rock

Or Chiptune Dance Metal

So I'll have to do it myself!

And here's Scandroid, defined as Synthwave, but folks have argued against that being a real genre, for whatever that's worth.

But, seriously, a few years back, I decided I was going to explore genres and make sure I can appreciate as many kinds of music as possible, which ended up in some weird places (and I was dumb enough not to even write down half the stuff I listened to.)

🦇
Foxxhoria
Mods
Pronouns:

it/its

Post by Foxxhoria »

Haha I don't have chiptune dance metal but I do have chiptune power metal! :3

That funeral doom sounds pretty cool, I need to check out things like that more! Love me some non-aggressive extreme metal.

Mathrock is always fascinating, love those time signatures. I need some...math metal (that's not djenty)!

Scandroid have a great sound. If you like them and metal, I'd highly recommend checking out this wonderful band:

And, is Extratone for people who think alarms are appealing to listen to or something? :P

ImageImageImageImageImage

FaultBat
Mods
Name: FaultBat
Title: Bat
Pronouns:

Any. Mix it up!

Flags:

-rf

Post by FaultBat »

Foxxhoria wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:19 am

Haha I don't have chiptune dance metal but I do have chiptune power metal! :3

Scandroid have a great sound. If you like them and metal, I'd highly recommend checking out this wonderful band:

Oh, those are both really good! I will have to listen to more of these!

And, is Extratone for people who think alarms are appealing to listen to or something? :P

Okay, Extratone is hard to make the argument for. :P It took a long time for it to click for me, and I'm not sure I can explain what clicked, exactly. Something something contrast between music and whatever the opposite of music is? Maybe?

🦇
Foxxhoria
Mods
Pronouns:

it/its

Post by Foxxhoria »

Glad you like them!! Sadly, that's the only chiptune version that band has done so far, but they're a brilliant and power metal band nonetheless! :P

And, while I joke, I can see the appeal in that extratone track heheh. Sometimes there's an enjoyment in just bludgeoning your brain with discordance.
That's why another of my favourite albums is this beautiful wall of white noise... xP

Taeltales
Fox Pal
Title: Woofpurr Plural syst
Pronouns:

they/them

Post by Taeltales »

FaultBat wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:19 am

I haven't seen anyone bring up Funeral Doom

Or Extratone

Or Math Rock

Or Chiptune Dance Metal

So I'll have to do it myself!

And here's Scandroid, defined as Synthwave, but folks have argued against that being a real genre, for whatever that's worth.

But, seriously, a few years back, I decided I was going to explore genres and make sure I can appreciate as many kinds of music as possible, which ended up in some weird places (and I was dumb enough not to even write down half the stuff I listened to.)

🐈 Chiva: My I've only listened to a few examples on here but they are exceptionally good, especially scandroid. Honestly I don't understand why people would argue the validity of Synthwave, it has a concrete sound that other genres can qualify as.

While we're at it, we do enjoy a bit of chiptunes aswell have a more traditional example with Chips and cellos' renedition of Hymn of the Cherubim

And Continuo from Puoale

Also have a sample of City pop as I have been in the mood for it.

well

PencilVoid
Fox Pal
Pronouns:

yes

Flags:

MF_SHOOTABLE

Post by PencilVoid »

I have a couple playlists that'll probably give you a decent idea of my music taste.

My main preferred genres are jungle, breakcore, and DnB. But I like electronic music in general. I also like jazz, hip hop, house, module/chiptune music, electro-swing, vaporwave, and future funk.

kkzero
Fox Pal
Title: Curious little bunny
Pronouns:

he/they

Flags:

:flag_aromantic: :flag_asexual:

Post by kkzero »

Back in 7th grade, my art teacher would on some days pop in a CD of The Rippingtons' Curves Ahead for us to listen to whilst we worked. I always looked forward to hearing ithis album in particular during class, especially Aspen. Haven't heard any of it from that year until just now, but popping it on myself, I think it's quite nice. Maybe this will be what teaches me to continue to strive for An Actual Taste In Music And Not Just VGM And Tracker Things.